Frequently Asked Questions
Find out what people are asking about House Buyers Cash
We Buy Houses for Cash. No gimmicks, no false promises, just fast cash for your house. Here’s how it works.
“Thanks House Buyers Cash and Mike for doing what you say you’re going to do and being 100% honest and transparent throughout the selling process. I can’t say enough how important that is and that’s why the second house I sold you I didn’t even shop it around to other buyers as I knew after doing the first house that you were fair and someone I could trust. Best of luck and thank you.”
If you’re selling a house, you probably have a lot of questions. Here are some of the most common ones people ask us.
People from all walks of life sell to us, but they all share one thing in common: They want to sell a house quickly, to a trusted home buyer who can make a cash offer and close on their schedule.
Here are just some of the reasons people sell to us:
- Need to sell an inherited property quickly.
- Want to unload a rental property with problem renters.
- Relocating or job transfer.
- Going through a divorce.
- Falling behind on mortgage payments and facing possible foreclosure.
- Not wanting to deal with a structural or repair issues.
- Simply moving, but not wanting to mess with repairs, painting, or cleaning.
- …and more
The phrase ‘We Buy Ugly Houses’ lets sellers know that we are willing to buy houses that are either in poor condition or, for one reason or another, might not be attractive to all buyers. This includes some of the following reasons:
- Houses with serious structural issues such as foundation, roof, plumbing, or electrical problems.
- Houses located in less than desirable or high-crime neighborhoods.
- Houses that are located in flood plain or in areas prone to the effects of weather.
- Houses with high-interest rates or undesirable mortgage financing.
- Houses with payments or balances that are too high for the owner to handle.
- Houses that have bad memories for the homeowner, such as a death, divorce, or tragedy.
- Houses that no longer serve the needs of the homeowner — too big, too small, inconvenient location, and so on.
We’d still like to hear from you. Our buyers are interested in any houses that might be good investments, regardless of condition. Whether your house needs a lot of work or just a little, call us.
We follow a quick and simple process that makes things easy for sellers:
- CALL US TO SCHEDULE A VISIT. Give us a little information about your house. You can do this by calling us at 123-456-7890, or by using the contact form on this website.
- GET A CASH OFFER. A local franchisee in your area will contact you to arrange a visit. Our franchisee will answer any questions you have about We Buy Ugly Houses and evaluate the condition of your house. If buying makes sense from an investment standpoint, you’ll get a cash offer for your house.
- CLOSE ON YOUR SCHEDULE. You are under no obligation to accept the cash offer. But if you do, we’ll set up a closing time that works for you, so you can get your cash and move on as quickly as you wish.
Our franchisees are, first and foremost, real estate investors. Our franchisees invest time and money to renovate houses and make money once the house is back on the market. After answering your question and evaluating the condition of your house, our local franchisee will make a fair, no-obligation cash offer that is based on the expected market value of your house after a full renovation, discounting the renovation time and costs.
While we buy at a discount, selling to We Buy Ugly Houses provides a number of benefits to the seller. These include the following:
- There’s no need to deal with realtors or realtor commissions.
- We cover normal closing costs.
- We pay cash — so there are never delays from banks, and deals don’t fall through because of financing.
- We buy “as is,” so you don’t have to worry about repairs or cleanup.
- We close on your schedule when you’re ready.
- If you’re in a rush, we can close in as little as three weeks, so you can move on.
After buying 100,000 homes, we have estimating down to a science. Before making you an offer, the franchisee in your market will evaluate a number of factors, including the following:
- The current condition of your house.
- The approximate cost of repairs and renovations required.
- The amount of time it will take to renovate your house.
- The future “post-renovation” value of your house, compared to other homes in the area.
- The amount of real estate commissions required to sell your home after renovation.
- The cost of maintaining the house until it’s ready to sell, including insurance, utilities, taxes, loan payments, and more.
The estimated future “post-renovation” value of your renovated house, minus these costs, helps us arrive at the cash offer that we make.
Yes. We buy condos, townhouses, duplexes, multi-tenant buildings, and even some commercial properties as well.
No. Whether tied down or on a fixed foundation, we don’t buy mobile homes of any kind.
Absolutely not. We do this entirely at no charge.
No. Visiting your home and making a cash offer entails absolutely no obligation on your part. We’re more than happy to visit your house, answer your questions, and make an offer. There’s no obligation. You’re free to either accept or decline the offer.
Request a free,
no obligation consultation.
Sell Us Your Ugly House
We’ll buy your home in any condition, under any circumstance.